-Call ahead and make an appointment.
-Be on time.
-Be brief 10-15 minutes.
-Respect their schedules.
-Take a one-page outline or short written fact sheet to remind legislators about your visit and concerns.
Links & Resources
This page lists several links that LCPD members have found to be very useful and effective. The Utah State Legislature link will provide you with a wealth of information about current and past laws. It also lists current Utah representatives and Utah senators. You will also find links to other organizations who advocate for and with people with disabilities.
Utah State Legislature
- Center for Persons with Disabilities
- Disability Law Center of Utah
- Grassroots Advocacy Partnership
- League of Women Voters of Utah
- NAMI Utah
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society: Utah Chapter
- Project Vote Smart
- State of Utah
- State of Utah Legislative Branch Home Page
- Utah Developmental Disabilities Council
- Utah Parent Center
- Utah PTA
- Utah Statewide Independent Living Council (USILC)
- Voices for Utah Children
Legislative Phone Numbers:
Toll Free: 1-800-622-3367